A. 一般而言，no 後面若接可數名詞，該名詞通常使用複數型，因為這比單數型要來得自然多了，不會顯得蹩腳。例如：
- No road accidents were reported in Pescadores throughout August. (整個八月澎湖皆未傳出道路意外事故)
- No dogs are allowed in the restaurant. (這家餐廳不允許攜狗入內)
不過，視個人心中所想的數量 (一個或多個) 而定，no 有時可接單數或複數名詞。例如：
- It was 10 a.m., yet there was no policeman on duty outside the bank. (時間已是早上十點，但銀行外面仍無警察值勤)
- It was 10 a.m., yet there were no policemen on duty outside the bank.
- In the baseball game last Sunday, no players hit a home run. (在上週日的棒球比賽中，沒有任何球員擊出全壘打)
- In the baseball game last Sunday, no player hit a home run.
- In the baseball game last Sunday, not a single player hit a home run.
- He must lead a lonely life: He has no wife and no children. (他一定過著孤寂的生活：他無妻無子) － 男人通常只有一個太太，但往往有一個以上的小孩。